Char and I are both contributors for Denver Style Magazine, we have both been able to post on the DSM blog as well as get this awesome opportunity. I bet you are all thinking holy moly Earth Day has been long gone for a month now, well you are right. I was given the opportunity to go get this great facial so I could write about my expierence, well Char and I composed this post so it could go live on the DSM website for Earth Day, but due to a couple key people having to leave for family reasons. Our post wasn’t ever posted. DSM still hasn’t found replacement people, and I feel like I need to be fair and post this better late then never. This is my honest and genuine review and thoughts about my facial and Vert Beauty.
The green beauty method is a true science, each step with a specific intention to enhance and purify the skin:
1. Opening Aromatherapy – Vert Beauty Lavender Essential Oil
2. Oil Cleanse/Makeup Removal – Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser: Silky blend of biocompatible oils and esters cleanses the skin and removes makeup without stripping the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
3. Cleanse – Dr. Alkaitis Organic Purifying Facial Cleanser: Gently sloughs off old skin cells and keeps skin moist & soft with organic olive oil, organic shea, organic jojoba, organic coconut, organic sesame, and herbal complexes rich in vital nutrients for your skin.
4. Exfoliation with Steam – One Love Organics Brand New Day Microderma Scrub & Masque: Organic sweet pea flour, pineapple enzymes and kaolin clay pull out impurities, clearing and softening the skin.
5. Hydrating Facial Mist – May Lindstrom Jasmine Garden: Hydrating scents of jasmine, vanilla, and ylang-ylang.
7. Tone – Dr. Alkaitis Organic Herbal Toner: Protects the skin and refines pores with the help of organic grape alcohol from the fermentation of organically grown grapes!
8. Facial Massage – Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex: Facial oil rich in essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants that balance and transform the skin.
9. Mask Treatment – Dr. Alkaitis Universal Mask: Packed with nutrients! Therapeutic health food for the skin. It rejuvenates, calms, and nourishes the skin with a sea vegetable complex and vegetable protein blend.
10. Shoulder, Neck, & Scalp Massage
11. Gua Sha Facial Massage with Rose Quartz and Serum – Laurel Whole Plant Organics Anti-Inflammatory Serum: Promotes healing, reduces signs of inflammation, soothes dry patches, treats broken capillaries, and reduces redness and breakouts all with a whole plant blend of Chinese skullcap, licorice, chamomile and astragalus.
12. Moisturize – Laurel Whole Plant Organics Facial Balm – Transform Daily: Whole plant blend of calendula, comfrey, gotu kola, nettle, and chamomile to calm the skin and encourage cellular turnover. Oils like sandalwood, neroil, and carrot seed soften and plump the skin.
13. Eye Treatment – One Love Organics Vitamin E Eye Balm: vitamin E, organic shea butter, pomegranate and sea kelp firm and hydrate the eye area.
14. Lip Treatment – CV Skinlabs Restorative Skin Balm: 100% natural, non-petrolatum, balm for dry and chapped skin.
15. Closing scalp massage, leg compressions
[All of these products would be similar to the products used in the VERT Deluxe Facial] Review from DSM Blog Contributor Delayna Denaye
We also spent time with Founder Amanda Hume afterwards to learn more about VERT and the green beauty trend:
Char & Delayna
Amanda: VERT means “green” in French. We have been open since 2013. I have been a make-up artist for most of my career; from regional make-up artist to national make-up artist. I remember thinking, “There has to be a better way of looking good and feeling good and using better products…” So I started experimenting and making my own products at home with natural ingredients. I researched natural and luxurious products and wanted to open a boutique to share this knowledge with others. And then we eventually added spa [facial and waxing] services.
Char & Delayna: What is the difference between a “green” service vs. a standard service?
Amanda: Most people want to “strip their skin” clean when they go in for a facial. But natural and organic products, when used appropriately do not require harsh treatment to create great skin. You do not have to go the chemical route. For example, we use honey wax and blue wax and it is more environmentally friendly.
Char & Delayna: What is the importance of using “green” products and services? And how does it benefit women’s skin
Char & Delayna: Well said! Do you think that the “green” trend will soon overpower the spa/beauty industry?
Amanda: YES! It is blowing up right now! When we started, we carried 25 lines of products and now we have 60! People send us samples all the time. It’s quickly becoming a staple. Nordstrom and Sephora just launched a green beauty section.
Char & Delayna: What is one green product that you wish every girl knew about?
Amanda: I think a lot of girls are scared of facial balm. I would definitely recommend facial balm, especially in Colorado since it is so dry here. People need to think of it as a moisturizer. And you should ALWAYS wear sunscreen out here! Hydrosol sprays will rehydrate your skin and you can spray it on top of makeup. Using body oil on damp skin is great too!
Char & Delayna: Would men also benefit from green products and services?
Amanda: For sure! We have an entire shelf that is dedicated to men. Most of our products are uni-sex, but we carry some that are specific to men. Most men struggle to even wash their face but they can benefit just as much as women! I just got my husband to start washing his face.
Char & Delayna: Does “green” automatically mean more expensive?
Amanda: Luckily no. Just like anything, there is a wide price range. We have $12 cleansers and we have $100 cleansers. It depends on your budget and what you would like to accomplish with your skin. There is such a wide ballpark of different products! Affordable or expensive, you will still get the great ingredients and benefits for your skin.
(these no longer pertain,
Char & Delayna: Earth Day is coming up! Will you be offering any specials for Earth Day? (Saturday, April 22)
Amanda: Yes! We will be offering 10% off purchases of $100, 15% off purchases of $150, and 20% off purchases of $200. Additionally, 3% of ALL sales will be donated to Denver Urban Gardens which will help fund the garden at Edison Elementary School. Tata Harper brand will also be offering mini facials!
Vert Beauty’s upcoming events: